Notification Requirements for Blasting
- Shall comply with NFPA 495 Explosive Materials Code
- Shall comply with Rules and Regulations of the Office of Safety Fire Commissioner 120-3-10-0.5
- Copy of Certification of Insurance
- Valid State Fire Marshal’s Office License issued by the State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Site locations/description
- Required to call the day of blast to the Riverdale non-emergency number (770) 996-3382 - ext 218
- Notification of residents and/or businesses within ____ feet of the blast location
- Permit fee of $100 for 30 days
- Jobs extending over 30 days will be required to renew the permit another 30 days for an additional $100
Permit can be obtain and submitted from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at:
Fire Marshal’s Office
971 Wilson Rd.
Any failure to comply with the Federal, State, and Local regulations shall result in the revocation of said permit.