History of the Riverdale Town Center
The City of Riverdale received a grant from the Atlanta Regional Commission through its Livable Centers Initiative (LCI) program to conduct a "Town Center" feasibility study. The study was initiated in 2006 and completed in 2007.
The study was successful in assisting the City towards achieving the following:
- Increasing the City’s ability to attract new business and economic development opportunities.
- Solving a number of the City’s current transportation concerns and identifying and securing valued resources.
- Identifying a physical location within the City to serve as the City’s new Downtown and "Town Center" project location.
The Riverdale Town Center opened in October 2010. It is located on a parcel, on Church Street, that spans over twenty seven acres. The project comprises the following components:
- Government Civic Component (Riverdale Centre for the Arts, Business & Leisure Services, a new City Hall, and a Public Plaza/Amphitheater)
- Mixed-Use Commercial Component
- Residential Housing Component
Click here for more information about future development at the Riverdale Town Center.